Wow, what a journey. The final day of Zero to Twitter! We made it! Lets recap on the last 12 days, you have;
- set up your profile
- learnt the lingo
- found who you want to follow
- discovered conversations that you want to be a part of
- mastered the tweet
- connected twitter to your other social platforms for ease of updates
- found your tribe
- engaged with influencers, and
- harnessed content marketing.
Now you just have to keep your momentum and your finger on the pulse. How? With the tools of the trade.
Social media management tools can help you keep track of all activity, automate responses and keep your social media wheel spinning even when you step away.
Here are some of the most popular:
If you’re managing more than one social media platform Hootsuite will be a godsend:
- Manage multiple accounts - up to 5 profiles on the free versions
- Manage multiple platforms – not only monitor Twitter, but Facebook, Google+, Wordpress, LinkedIn and more
- Create tabs & add streams - toggle between tabs to check your streams
- Specific lists of mentions, messages or retweets
- Create searches to track topics, events and hashtags
- Monitor your tribe & influencers
- Filter your search via geo-tag; see what people are saying near you
- Schedule your tweets
- Explore the menu of the left side to see extra features
- Available on iPhone, iPad & Android.
IFTTT - If This Then That This handy tool create recipes of chain reactions, just as the name suggests. THIS triggers THAT action e.g. If [I’m mentioned in a tweet] then [send me a text message]. You can set up an automated response for just about anything across your social media platforms. It also incorporates services like Email, Dropbox and Evernote.
Topsy Topsy is the most comprehensive snapshot of everything trending, everywhere. Search and analyse the social web via: • Links • Tweets • Photos • Videos • Influencers
A goldmine for sourcing topical content.
And that’s it – congratulations, you’ve gone from Zero to Twitter in 12 days! Do you feel more confident to tackle this social media platform? I hope so!
How did you find this mini-series? If you’d like to see more mini-series, let me know what platform you’d be interested in. I would absolutely love your feedback! Comment below, tweet me @theartof_social or email me bec @ theartofsocial.com.au.